Monsoon is one of the most awaited season of the year due to its pleasant weather. But, on the other side, this season also brings along with it a series of health concerns, for instance, certain kind of diseases and infections. Some diseases like respiratory tract infections, pneumonia, malaria, typhoid, common cold, and polio are quite common during the monsoon season. Here are some of the major health concerns during the rainy season:
- Infections and diseases of different kinds spread during this season and range from common cold to typhoid.
- Among common illnesses that spread during the monsoon season are dysentery, cholera, hepatitis, typhoid, and polio.
- Malaria stands to be one of the common diseases during this season. Make sure that the house is completely clean to avoid water-borne or air-borne infections.
- A sudden drop in temperature may also influence an individual's health, especially of those who are allergic to cough, cold, diabetic or are suffering from asthma.
- Monsoons cause breathing issues. Dampness in the air gives rise to the fungus that can be inhaled by the individuals. This may in turn lead towards pneumonia.
- Kids, who have a weak immune system, are more prone to severe viral infections during the monsoon season.
- The severity of developing measles, sore throat, runny nose, and mumps are also high in children during the monsoon.
Here are some tips that you must follow during the monsoon season in order to keep yourself safe and free from dreadful :
- Contact with dirty water must be avoided. Most of the infections during monsoon are water-borne and may cause bacterial and fungal infections.
- Nails and feet must be kept clean so that the infections do not manifest.
- Do not get tempted to eat roadside food. Make sure to have a good hygiene to stay healthy during the monsoon.
- Avoid cold and cough by keeping yourself dry and warm.
- If your clothes are damp or wet, do not enter the air-conditioned premises.
- Make sure that your feet remain dry.
- Poor sanitation is another major cause that spreads infections and diseases during monsoon. Hence, sanitary standards must be maintained.
Remember, health is wealth. Diseases avoid us from enjoying life and being productive. Always, make sure to take necessary precautions to keep your health in a good condition.