Each one of us is well-aware about the increasing amount of air pollution and its ill-effects on the health of the living beings and the surrounding environment. Even the world health organization has tagged air pollution to be the biggest environmental risk. Hence, it has become the need of the hour to spread awareness on fighting the same. As they say, prevention is always better than cure. Same is applicable to the air pollution and its ill-effects. Each individual can at least work towards the improvement of the environment around them to ensure better immunity against air pollution.
Here are some of the best recommended ways to protect oneself from air pollution:
- Try to stay indoors, especially during the day as the pollutants in the air are maximum at this time. Over exposure to the pollutants increase the risk of lung infections, asthma and in extreme cases, even heart attacks.
- Installing an air purifier is a great way to keep the pollutants away and block major chances of air pollution. Make sure that you opt for a high-efficiency model with a rating of nine or above. Also, it is very important to replace the filter every six months.
- There is an air feature called recycled air available in the cars. This will make sure that even while traveling on the roads, only a few particles can get into the car.
- Those who are engaged in some kind of physical activity must keep in mind that the workout has to be done only in the morning or evening. Abstain exertion in the sun so as to stay away from air pollution.
- Avoid busy streets as the air quality is extremely low. Opt for routes that are less familiar so as to get less exposure to pollutants.
- Completely abstain from cigarette smoke as it is a major culprit behind air pollution.
- A healthy diet is also needed for an improved immunity. Make sure that you are eating a balanced diet, rich in vitamins, so as to prevent being caught by any infections. Also, increase consumption of foods rich in Vitamin C as it will contribute towards the strengthening of the blood vessels.
Adopting these simple lifestyle changes will make sure that your remain at a safe distance from air pollution and it's harmful after effects.