Stay Secured During The Lightning/DustStorm With These Tips
By ChemistsWorld On 09 May 2018
States like Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthsan, Haryana, Punjab, and Delhi recently faced a massive dust storm that was accompanied by thunder and rain. These storms were strong enough to destroy the lives of almost 100 individuals, homes, and other concrete structures. Around 180 animals died in the state of UP, and the number seems to be increasing even more.
Now, the question is, how should you keep yourself protected if these dust storms hit you again. Marking yourself “Safe” on Facebook is not the only alternative. You have to be actually safe. Here are a few pointers to keep you safe from the dust storm.
What to do when there’s a lightning/dust storm?
- When you are out during the lightning, make sure to seek a shelter inside a car or a tent.
- If you’re outside a building, ensure you stay away from the water bodies and tall things, for example, trees.
- Make sure to cover your mouth and nose with a cloth to decrease the amount of dust particles going inside your mouth during the storm when out.
- If you are driving a car, make sure to keep the windows closed. Do not breathe the fresh air, instead opt for the AC inside the car. Also, if the visibility is not proper, drive the vehicle slowly.
- It is a better idea to always keep a water bottle with you, so that you do not stay dehydrated.
- If you are an asthma patient, make sure to keep the inhaler/pump with you always to avoid last minute complications.
- Never rub your eyes if the dust goes inside them. Rather than protecting them, you are causing more hurt to them.
- Also, if you happen to face the dust storm while walking, ensure you hide behind the concrete wall.
These small precautions are sure to help you during a thunderstorm/lightning. Do help someone in need and let your family members also about these safety tips.
Tags: Precautions during DustStorm