Given below are important tips to follow in case of electric shocks:
*Turn off the source of electricity, if possible. If not, move the source away from the patient with the help of wood or non-conductive board.
* Start with CPR if the person shows no signs of circulation, such as breathing, coughing or movement.
* Try to prevent the injured person from becoming chilled.
* Apply a bandage. Cover any burned areas with a sterile gauze bandage, if available, or you can use a clean cloth.
* Don't use a blanket or towel, because loose fibers of them can stick to the burns.
* Call for an emergency, if the patient has suffered severe burns, difficulty in breathing, seizures, LOC and cardiac arrest.