Given below are important tips to follow in case of convulsions:
* Stay calm and look around whether the person is at a safe place or not. Move heavy objects like furniture away from them.
* Note the time the seizure starts.
* Stay with them and speak quietly and calmly. Don't put anything in their mouth.
* Cushion their head with something soft if they have collapsed to the ground.
* Check the time again. If a convulsive (shaking) seizure doesn't stop after 5 minutes, call for an emergency.
* After the seizure has stopped, put them into the recovery position and check that their breathing has returned to normal. If the seizures have stopped and the breathing sounds of the patient still difficult, call for an emergency help.
* Stay with them until they are fully recovered.