It can be hard for you to tell anyone, that you are suffering from Parkinson's disease. It is a progressive disorder of the nervous system that primarily affects the movement of body parts & characterized by tremors. People who are aged 60 years and above, and men as compared to females are more prone to develop this disorder. If you have more than one symptom as mentioned below in this article, then you should definitely see your doctor.
The exact cause of Parkinson's disease is unknown. But in some cases, it has been found that certain neurons or nerve cells in the brain gradually die or certain genetic mutations might also be the reason. The signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease usually include:-
1. Loss of automatic movements: The disorder limits your ability to move automatically. There is sudden swinging of the arms while walking and body movements become significantly limited.
2. Speech changes: Problems in speech are the usual symptoms and you may experience that you started speaking too slowly or quickly or even feel hesitation before talking to anyone.
3. Masked face: Have you been told that you have a serious or depressed look on your face more often, even when you are not in a bad mood? It is one of the commonest sign seen in patients.
4. Trouble moving or walking: There is stiffness in your body, arms or legs. Sometimes the stiffness goes away as you move. If it does not, it can be a sign of Parkinson's disease.
5. Difficulty in sleeping: You might notice that you started falling out of the bed while you are asleep or want to move to another bed. Sudden movements while you are asleep may be a sign of Parkinson's disease
6. Tremors: Slight shaking in your fingers, thumb, hand, or lip is an early sign of the disease, characterized by twitching or shaking of the limbs.
7. Small handwriting: You may find the way you write words on a page has changed now, as compared you used to write in the past, such as letter sizes got smaller and the words are crowded together. A sudden change in handwriting is often a sign of the Parkinson's disorder.
WHAT MEASURES YOU CAN ADOPT IF YOU HAVE PARKINSON'S DISEASE