Few people enjoy being sick, whether the illness results from contact with an external harmful agent such as a pathogen or due to some fatigue. Fatigue is a feeling of tiredness or exhaustion or a need to rest because of lack of energy or strength. Illness not only weakens your body but it also often interferes with your immune system, making it less able to protect you from other dangerous substances and conditions until you recover. Regaining your strength after an illness by maintaining good health depends on your ability to eat properly, exercise sufficiently and manage stress. Over here, we will give you a quick review that how you can overcome the weakness seen during post fever.
- ADD MORE PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENTS TO YOUR DIET Medications are given during the fever time help to combat the infection in the body, but also rip off the beneficial pathogens from the body. This often leads to loss of appetite and loose motions even though the fever is gone. You can replenish the lost good bacteria by adding probiotic supplements or eating foods like yogurt and sauerkraut. These act as natural probiotics and contain the healthy bacteria that are normally present in the gut.
- INCREASE YOUR FLUID INTAKE AND EAT PROPERLY Illness takes a toll on both your immune system and the body, which fights to help you recover. Eating well after you get better provides the calories your body needs to replenish its energy stores. Follow healthy diet including foods rich in fiber, such as whole grains, and minimal saturated fat from foods such as red meat, whole dairy products and certain cooking oils such as coconut oil. To compensate the fluid loss during fever, increase your fluid intake to replenish the loss. Drink lots of water and healthy drinks such as coconut water and fresh fruit juices. Eat a healthy breakfast and don't miss your meals.
- ENGAGE YOURSELF IN EXERCISE It is seen that post-fever people usually develop weaker joints, muscles, and organs over time. Exercising after you beat an illness helps your body regain strength by forcing your joints, muscles, and organs to resume a higher level of activity. It helps to increase strength that improves your health and sense of well-being by increasing greater amounts of oxygen circulating throughout your bloodstream.
- TAKE A GOOD SLEEP & MAINTAIN PERSONAL HYGIENE An adequate amount of rest is required after fever for a speedy recovery. As immune system gets compromised after illness, try to maintain basic hygiene, by washing hands frequently, especially after meals and using sanitizer.
- AVOID STRESS, SMOKING & ALCOHOL Stress weakens the immune system and increases your anxiety during illness as well, and prevents a quick or average recovery afterward. By maintaining the stress, mental health gets improved and body gets strengthened. Engage yourself in morning walks or pleasant hobbies, and try to do some yoga at home. Avoid using tobacco products such as cigarettes and drinking alcohol, as they can increase your risk of getting sick and hamper your ability to get well after an illness.
Upto 20% Off on Health Food And Drinks